Creamy Roasted Asparagus Soup
Happy Friday! Here’s a gorgeous green overload for you from health and fitness experts Right Path Fitness I’m on my way to Seattle. Happy Friday to you all!
Check out why asparagus is so great:
Asparagus soup was one of my favourite soups while in Spain. Remember how I lived there & would eat delicious creamy soups all the time? Well, they were delicious but unnecessarily laden in fat, that’s why I love this healthy version of the soup and the mushroom one I made, because they’re creamy, delicious and not stock full of cream.
Creamy Roasted Asparagus Soup Recipe
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn oven to 425 degrees
- Roast asparagus until softened, about 20 minutes
- While asparagus is roasting, sautee garlic and onions with olive oil in medium sautee pan.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to high powered blender.
- Add milk and broth.
- Blend vegetables and liquid until smooth.
- Add more liquid if desired.
- Top with plain Greek yogurt, and spring greens.